These pistachio overnight oats are the ultimate healthy breakfast for pistachio lovers. Overnight oats are topped with vegan pistachio cream and finished with a sprinkle of crushed pistachios.
If you love pistachio as much as I do, you are going to LOVE these pistachio overnight oats. They are sweet, creamy, nutty, and packed with nutrients from the pistachios!
I recently made matcha baked oats which I filled with a delectable vegan pistachio cream. The pistachio cream was so good that I was inspired to create this overnight oat recipe using it!
Pistachio butter is the key ingredient to this recipe. It’s an all-natural ingredient and brings a beautiful nutty flavour to the overnight oats. The recipe does not include any horrible artificial pistachio flavouring or sugarary creama al pistachio (although I must say, that stuff is delicious).
Are these overnight oats healthy?
Overnight oats are full of health benefits. They are rich in fibre, protein content, and they contain a number of vitamins and minerals. Pistachios are also very nutrious, containing high levels of unsaturated fatty acids and potassium.
How to make Pistachio Overnight Oats
1. In a large bowl, mix together rolled oats, maple syrup, milk, pistachio butter and vanilla extract until well combined. Place into a glass.
2. In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, pistachio butter and maple syrup. Layer pistachio cream over the overnight oats. Sprinkle with crushed pistachios.
3. Cover and place in the fridge to set overnight (or for at least 4 hours). Take out of the fridge and enjoy!
Ingredients for Pistachio Overnight Oats
ROLLED OATS– If you prefer a smooth consistency to your pistachio oatmeal, use quick oats. If you want a bit more texture, use whole rolled oats.
MAPLE SYRUP I use maple syrup to make these overnight oats naturally sweetened, however, you can substitute this for your sweetener of choice.
PISTACHIO BUTTER– I use Koro pistachio butter- it’s made with pure pistachios and no added salt or sugar so works perfectly for this recipe.
MILK- Use whatever dairy or non-dairy milk you would like for the overnight oats. I use oat milk here as I find it has the most neutral and creamiest taste.
YOGURT- Use a thick non-dairy or Greek yogurt for best results.
VANILLA- You can use vanilla powder or vanilla extract for this recipe.
Are these Pistachio Oats Vegan?
Given you use non-dairy milk and vegan yogurt, these tiramisu overnight oats are completely dairy-free and suitable for vegans. If you are not vegan, you can use cow’s milk and greek yogurt.
Pistachio Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are topped with vegan pistachio cream and finished with a sprinkle of crushed pistachios- making the ultimate breakfast for pistachio lovers!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp pistachio butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup yogurt (non-dairy or Greek)
- 1 tbsp Pistachio butter
- 1 tbsp crushed pistachios
- In a large bowl, mix together rolled oats, maple syrup, milk, pistachio butter and vanilla extract until well combined. Place into a glass.
- In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, pistachio butter and maple syrup. Layer pistachio cream over the overnight oats. Sprinkle with crushed pistachios.
- Cover and place in the fridge to set overnight (or for at least 4 hours). Take out of the fridge and enjoy!