This vegan bliss balls recipe is the definition of wholesome decadence. Chocolate-coated, packed with a protein-rich filling, and flavoured with a unique blend of spices inspired by Grenada cocoa balls, these will be your new go-to healthy snack! Bliss balls (or...
Grenada is a small island country located in the eastern Caribbean, just off the coast of Venezuela. Full of turquoise waters, white-sand beaches, and picturesque pastel-colored houses clinging to hilltops, the country is the definition of a tropical paradise.
Quick Facts about Grenada
- Capital City: Saint George’s
- Language: English
- Currency: Eastern Caribbean dollar (EC$)
- Climate: Tropical
- Best Time to Visit: January to May
- Fun fact: Grenada is known as the ‘Isle of Spice’, due to the fact there is more spice production per square mile than anywhere else in the world.
Overview of Grenadian Cuisine
- Culinary influences: French, African & Indian
- Common ingredients: Seafood, bananas, breadfruit, mango, cocoa, spices
- National dish of Grenada: Oildown, a one-pot stew full of plantain, breadfruit, spices and coconut with some type of protein.
Top Grenadian Dishes to Try
- Fried bakes– Fried bread that is stuffed with various fillings including cheese and jam for vegetarian options.
- Callaloo soup– A soup made with callaloo, a leafy vegetable similar to spinach, often made with coconut milk.
- Cou cou pois– Cornmeal and vegetables are slow-cooked to form a smooth and firm mixture in a dish that can be eaten hot or cold.
- Roti– Popular throughout Grenada, a thin dough is cooked and filled with potatoes, curry and vegetables.
- Sweet potato pudding– A dessert made up of grated sweet potato, coconut milk, raisins and various spices.
- Cocoa balls– Balls are made from drying and roasting cocoa beans then mixed with spices like cinnamon, bay leaf and thyme.
MORE FROM THE BLOG
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
I am on a mission to discover the BEST destinations & dishes from around the world. In fact, I’ve visited 54 countries and cooked 196 cuisines in this very pursuit. Whether it’s hopping on a plane or into the kitchen, come join the adventure!
If you are planning a trip to Paris and feeling completely overwhelmed by all the city has to offer, fear not. I've compiled the ultimate Paris bucket list- a carefully curated 30 of the most memorable + unique things to do in Paris in 2022! Home to over 44,000...
If you are looking for a spectacular place to go Glamping on the North Island of New Zealand, look no further. These 6 NZ glamping spots each feature luxurious safari tents, idyllic outdoor baths, and jaw-dropping views. With its endless lush countryside, unique...
Visiting Hungary's stunning capital city? Check out my list of 30 unique things to do in Budapest during your visit! The secret is out… There is no European city that has engulfed my heart the way Budapest has. As someone with an insatiable desire for discovering the...