If you are looking for a vegan/ gluten-free alternative to a Snickers bar, you need to try my raw Snickers slice. It’s layered with peanut butter mousse, caramel and chocolate and is truly delectable!
This raw Snickers slice is my GO-TO when I am craving something to satisfy my sweet tooth (which let’s be honest, is all the time). They taste so rich and indulgent that you would not know they are vegan, refined sugar-free and gluten-free.
The Snickers slice features four different layers- a crunchy, nutty base, a creamy peanut butter mousse, a chewy caramel layer and a rich chocolate topping. Plus, it is no bake- the only equipment it requires is a food processor or blender!
Ingredient Notes for Raw Snickers Slice
- Medjool Dates: Ensure they are soft and sticky for the perfect caramel texture.
- Peanut Butter: Opt for natural smooth peanut butter without added sugars or oils.
- Nuts: Use roasted ubnsalted peanuts for that satisfying crunch.
- Dark chocolate: Choose high-quality dark chocolate, at least 70%
- Coconut Oil: Use unrefined, virgin coconut oil for a subtle coconut undertone.
- Maple Syrup: This natural sweetener complements the other flavours beautifully.
Substitutions for Raw Snickers Bar:
- Oat-free Option: Substitute for almond meal instead
- Sweetener: Agave syrup or date syrup can be used instead of maple syrup
- Coconut Oil: Vegan butter or a neutral oilcan be used as alternatives.
Dietary Information for Raw Snickers Bar:
- Vegan: Yes
- Gluten-Free: Yes
- Dairy-Free: Yes
- Refined Sugar-Free: Yes
- Nut-free: No
Storage Instructions for Raw Snickers Bar:
Store your Raw Vegan Snickers Bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. For longer shelf life, freeze them for up to two months. Be sure to separate the layers with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- Pinch of salt
Peanut butter mousse:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Peanut butter caramel layer:
- 1/2 dates, soaked
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 100g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp crushed peanuts
- In a food processor, combine rolled oats, pitted dates, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, chopped peanuts, and a pinch of salt. Blend the mixture until it forms a sticky and crumbly texture.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the dish. Place it in the refrigerator while you prepare the next layer.
Peanut Butter Mousse:
- Place soaked cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, smooth peanut butter, and vanilla essence in food processor. Blend until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Remove the baking dish from the refrigerator and spread the peanut butter mousse layer evenly over the base layer. Return it to the refrigerator.
Peanut Butter Caramel:
- Place combine soaked dates, peanut butter, and coconut milk in a food processor. Blend the mixture until it forms a thick and smooth caramel-like consistency. If needed, add a little boiling water to help with blending.
- Spread the peanut butter caramel layer evenly over the peanut butter mousse layer. Place it back in the refrigerator to set.
- Melt the dark chocolate using a double boiler or microwave, stirring until smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter caramel layer in the baking dish. Quickly sprinkle the crushed peanuts over the chocolate layer before it sets.
- Return the baking dish to the refrigerator and let the bars chill for at least 1 hour or until set completely.
- Once the bars are set, remove them from the refrigerator. Place the bars on a cutting board and, using a sharp knife, cut them into squares or bars of your desired size.
Store the raw Snickers bar in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freezer for up to a month.
More healthy treats to make:
- Vegan Bliss Balls Recipe with Chocolate, Date, and Almonds
- Healthy Vegan Anzac Biscuits Recipe
- Vegan Coconut Tarts Recipe