5 continents, 9 countries, and over 30 flights later 2014 comes to a sweet, sweet finish. It has been an extraordinary year to say the very least. Throughout the highs and lows of moving to New Zealand and settling in to a new country, flying back and forth to Australia to photograph weddings, spending countless amounts of hours on Skype to maintaining a long-distance relationship and friendships, then being overseas for five months to travel around the world, this has been the most unsettled, crazy and exciting year of my life.
So now its that time to look back and reflect on the amazing moments that made 2014 the best yet.
1. Horse riding through Middle Earth (Queenstown, New Zealand)
2. Bungee jumping on my 20th birthday (Kawarua Bungy, Queenstown, New Zealand
3. Playing in snow for the first time (Tongariro National Park, New Zealand)
4. Hiking to the incredibly beautiful Hanging Lake (Colorado, USA)
5. Standing on top of a 14er (Pike’s Peak, Colorado, USA)
6. Seeing a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater (Colorado, USA)
7. Participating in a Color Run (Colorado, USA)
8. Departing on my first backpacking trip around the world (Everywhere)
9. Lying on a black sand beach (Monterrico, Guatemala)
10. Getting to know some amazing locals (Guatemala City, Guatemala)
11. Staying in a French Chateau (Saint Hippolyte Du Fort, South of France)
12. Having a genuine French picnic (Montpellier, South of France)
13. Falling in love withthis magical city (Budapest, Hungary)
14. Admiring the view from St Stephen’s Basilica (Budapest, Hungary)
15. Eating delicious rose-shaped gelato (Budapest, Hungary)
16. Patting a baby tiger (Johannesburg, South Africa)
17. Meeting the beautiful kids at Footprints (Johannesburg, South Africa)
18. Standing face-to-face with a giraffe (Johannesburg, South Africa)
19. Climbing a mountain at sunrise (Pokhara, Nepal)
20. Getting baptized in the river (Pokhara, Nepal)
21. Staying in a little Nepalese village and meeting the locals (Pokhara, Nepal)
22. Seeing the glimmering city lights (Victoria Peak, Hong Kong)
23. Meeting a Red Panda (Ocean Park, Hong Kong)
24. Finally arriving home after 5 months of travel to my incredibly supportive family, friends & boyfriend
Thank you every single person who helped make 2014 so incredible. I can only dare to dream what 2015 is going to have in store.
Bring on the New Year!
Love N x